Why Choose Us
Nearly two decades of experience
Pulse Training Pty Ltd have been providing effective and quality fire and first aid training since 2002. On average about 350 delegates flow through our training center monthly.
Fully accredited and qualified
Our range of accredited courses are world class, informative, engaging and delivered by qualified and experienced instructors, assessors, moderators and support staff.
Courses are delivered in a manner that promotes learner participation in both the theory and practical aspects of the training, resulting in learners who are be able to competently apply their new fire and first aid skills.
Safe learning environment
Our practical aspect of each course delivers realistic simulations in which the learners apply themselves. As such, the learners’ safety is paramount to us ,so we provide full protective gear and the necessary supervision amongst other things.
Enquiry for Admission
SOUTH AFRICAN MARITIME SAFETY AUTHORITY
- Accreditation body for the SAMSA codes. The SAMSA codes are a set of documents that bring into effect and operationalise the standards for training, assessment and certification of seafarers.
- SAMSA enforces these training standards and competencies of Seafarers.
- The standards meet the minimum standards set internationally for seafarers whose qualifications have to meet international standards.
- SAMSA accredited courses are in accordance with the provision of the International Convention on standards of training, certification and watchkeeping for seafarers, 1978, as amended and the South African Maritime Qualification Code.
Department of Labour
- The Occupational Health and Safety Act, 1993 (OHS act) requires a company to have at least one person readily available during normal working hours, who is in possession of a valid certificate of competency in first aid.
- This certificate must be issued by a person or organisation approved by the Chief Inspector of the Department of Labour for this purpose.
- Organizations who provide First Aid Training must be approved by the Chief Inspector (as referred to in Regulation 3(4) of the General Safety Regulation published under Government Notice R1031 of 30 May 1986. Once approved, the organization will be issued with a CI number.
- Pulse Training CI number = CI335
The South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) is a juristic person which has been given a legal personality by the law.
- The objectives of SAQA are to : advance the objectives of the National Qualifications Framework (NQF); oversee the further development and implementation of the NQF; and co-ordinate the sub-frameworks.
- The National Qualifications Framework (NQF) is a comprehensive system approved by the Minister for the classification, registration, publication and articulation of quality-assured national qualifications.
- SAQA accredits Education and Training Quality Assurance bodies (SETA’s).
SETA’s – SECTOR EDUCATION TRAINING AUTHORITIES
- These bodies are responsible for accrediting providers of education and training standards and qualifications registered on the NQF, monitoring provision, evaluating assessment and facilitating moderation across providers, and registering assessors.
- TETA -Transport Education Training Authority and LGSETA – Local Government Sector Education Training Authority have accredited Pulse Training’s courses.
- TETA accreditation number: TETA18-1011
- LGSETA accreditation number: LGRS – 894-120202
RETURNING STUDENT? Enquire about our Loyalty Discount.
Include your Identity / Passport number and Certificate number in your query.
Frequently asked questions
Do I have to make a booking or can I just pitch for a course?
Yes you have to make a booking, the courses fill up quickly and it is essential that you make a booking.
How do I make a booking?
Call us on 021 952 0227, complete a course enquiry via our website, send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us via Facebook messenger @pulseSTCW
How often do you run courses?
We run weekly courses for fire fighting and first aid.
What do I need to bring with for the training courses?
RSA identity document/card or Passport, Black/blue pen, and a pair of socks for the safety boots that will be provided for the fire fighting courses.
What time do the courses start and end?
Registration / roll call commences at 08:30 and the course ends daily between 15:30 and 16h00
Are there shower facilities available?
Yes, but please do bring your own towel and toiletries.
How are my valuables kept safe while I am on training?
Lockers are provided (bring your own lock or locks for hire are available from our office, your refundable deposit will be returned upon return of the lock). Alternatively, learners/delegates are encouraged to hand in valuables to our office for safekeeping.
Is there parking available?
Yes, parking is available at our premises.